The Most Expensive Beds and MattressesPosted by at July 16, 2012 in Bedroom
Your bed may very well be your favorite piece of furniture. Many people long for that moment when they can fall into bed after a long day and finally get the sleep that they need. For some, a bed is more than just somewhere to lay their head. Many have found that their bed can also be the focal point of their entire home. Here is a list of the most expensive beds and mattresses, many of which may cost more than your entire home.
- First off we have the Fantasy Coach Bed. This beautiful child’s bed looks like it rolled right out of fantasy land. The bed itself is six feet long and takes nearly six months to create. If you want your little princess to sleep in the Fantasy Coach Bed, it will set you back a whopping $47,000. That is quite an expense for a child’s bed, particularly since children outgrow their beds quickly and will soon move on to a completely different style preference.
- Coming in second is the Starry Night Sleep Bed. This beauty by Leggett & Platt helps to eliminate snoring. It elevates the upper body just a bit so those who normally snore will have a better night’s sleep. Those who sleep with someone who snores will really enjoy this one. you can even alter the temperature of the bed up to 117 degrees for complete comfort and it comes complete with an iPod docking station and wireless internet connectivity. If you want to enjoy a snore-less night, this one will set you back $50,000.
- Third on the list is the Quantum Sleeper. This bed looks like it crawled right out of a James Bond movie and is a virtual fort. It offers filtered ventilation as well as motion sensors, emergency communication capabilities, intruder system and believe it or not –a built-in toiletry system. James Bond fanatics can nab this one for around $160,000.
- Going way up on the price metre is the Jado Steel Gold Bed. This is a waterbed that is actually made of real gold and has been adorned with Swarovski crystals. The bed is wired for entertainment and offers a DVD player, Bose sound system, PlayStation 3 gaming system, Blu-Ray player, and a Wi-Fi internet connection. This golden beauty can be yours for just $676,550.
- The Magnetic Floating Bed, designed by Janjaap Ruijssenaars from the Netherlands comes in at the “almost the most expensive” category. There are magnets in the bed that keep it floating in thin air and wires on the wall keep it in place. It offers no special features like the beds listed above but does come in at the near top position for a whopping $1.6 Million.
- And finally, the Baldacchino Supreme is to date the most expensive bed in the entire world. Designed by Stuart Hughes, the Baldacchino Supreme is hand carved from chestnut and ash and has a cherry canopy. There is a 24 karat gold inlay and the fabric used on the bed is the finest (and most expensive) in the world. So far there have only been 2 of these beds made and at a price of $6.3 Million, that low number is not at all surprising.
This article was written by Odd Mattress. Click here to learn more about our handmade bespoke mattresses on our website.